We are a team of educators and social entrepreneurs who are all passionate about making sure that classrooms and museums become incubators of civic growth. We want history to be experienced as a source of inspiration and belonging, of power and connection. We are building a community of educators who want to change how kids engage with the past so that our democracy can thrive in the future. Are you in?
We can't offer fame and glory. But we can offer a community of people. Real, caring people who share a love of democracy and belief in the power of young people. The benefits you might reap from being part of this community include:
1. Experience relevant content and conversations you can’t find anywhere else.
2. Meet people who share your mission and purpose, who live near you, who are trying to help young people be all they can be.
3. Swap stories, experiences, and ideas around our shared mission.
4. Find a little inspiration, thought-provoking conversations, and expert perspective each and every day.
5. Contribute to building up a collective voice advocating for recognition and resources to support and advance the work we do.
We thank the William T. Kemper Foundation, the Sherman Foundation, the HR Block Foundation, Steve and Marianne Noll, the Ewing and Marion Kauffman Foundation and the anonymous donors who have made it possible for us to build up a network off-line over the past 2 years. We can't wait to see all the good this will community will create and how it will shape our neighborhoods in the years to come.